Overview of HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2024:
Pakistani Students are advised to apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2024 in the UK. Students from all over Pakistan can apply for a Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue Master’s Degrees & Ph.D. Degrees Programs. No Application Fee Will Be Charged from Students. A scholarship will be offered to high-quality graduates who have the ability to pursue world-class developmental research and to become successful leaders, teachers, or academics in their home countries. You can also Apply for Other Scholarship: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2024 [Fully Funded]
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan is one of the largest and most prestigious international scholarship programs in the world. Since its formation in 1959, more than 30,000 people have received a Commonwealth scholarship or fellowship, of which 28,500 have been funded by the UK Government through the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Also Check: UK Chevening Scholarship 2023-24 Application Complete Guide
The scholarships are sponsored by the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID), the Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarships, which help skilled and inspired individuals to learn the specialized knowledge and skills needed for sustainable development and are targeted at those who may not otherwise afford to study in the United Kingdom. This scholarship is being provided to contribute to the development needs of the Commonwealth countries by funding studies that would have a developmental impact. These awards will also improve individual teaching and research capability, contributing to an improvement in institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries, and will contribute to UK higher education and research by drawing high-quality foreign candidates and promoting linkages and cooperation. Never lose this opportunity to study for a full scholarship. Details in the following lines:
Brief Description of HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2024:
- Available Degrees: Masters & PhD
- Financial Support: Fully Funded
- Institute: 100+ Universities in the UK
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Funded by: HEC & Commonwealth
- Closing Date: 17th October 2023
Join Our WhatsApp Group if You not Joined it Already
Also, Check this: UK Chevening Scholarship 2023-24 Application Complete Guide
Commonwealth Scholarship will provide all the benefits for Selected students throughout the Degree. The Scholarship shall cover the following:
- Authorized airfare from your home country to the United Kingdom and return at the conclusion of your reward (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents. The cost of trips taken before your award is finally authenticated).
- Authorized school fees.
- A grant (living allowance) at a cost of £1,347 per month or £1,652 per month a month for colleges in London’s metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2024-25 levels).
- Cold clothing credit, if necessary.
- Research travel grants for study-related travel expenses within the United Kingdom or Abroad.
- Provision for the cost of fieldwork conducted overseas (usually the cost of a single economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) has been authorized.
- Paying airfare to your home country (mid-term visit) (unless you have requested or (intended to claim) your spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarship, or obtained a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- The family allowance is as follows:
- If you are joined by your spouse but have no children: a monthly payment of £240 for a full duration of nine months if you and your spouse live together In the United Kingdom at the same address (If the partner receives a scholarship as well, other provisions also apply.)
- If you are followed by your spouse and baby: your spouse’s income is £240 a month and the child’s allowance is £240 a month for the first child and £118 a month for the second and third child under the age of 16 if your spouse and children reside with you at the same address throughout the United Kingdom (If the partner receives a scholarship as well, other provisions also apply)
- If you are joined by your children but no spouse: a child allowance of £480 per month for the first child, and £118 per month for the second and third children under the age of 16, if your children live with you at the same address in the United Kingdom.
Duration of the Programs:
The length of the scholarship package for a Master’s is 2-3 Years and for a Ph.D. is four years.
Programs Offered by HEC Commonwealth Scholarships:
Commonwealth Scholarships are for students from Commonwealth nations with low to modest incomes, for full-time master’s & doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK university. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
List of Universities Offered Commonwealth Scholarship:
- Aberystwyth University
- Aston University
- Bangor University
- Bishop Grosseteste University
- Bath Spa University
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Birmingham City University
- Brunel University London
- Cardiff University
- City, University of London
- Coventry University
- Cranfield University
- De Montfort University
- Durham University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Harper Adams University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- King’s College London
- Kingston University
- Lancaster University
- Leeds Beckett University
- Liverpool Hope University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- London South Bank University
- Loughborough University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Newcastle University
- Northumbria University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Open University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Plymouth University
- Queen Mary, University of London
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Agricultural University
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Royal Veterinary College
- Sheffield Hallam University
- SOAS, University of London
- St George’s, University of London
- Swansea University
- Teesside University
- Ulster University
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bradford
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Chester
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of East London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Essex
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Leeds
- University of Leicester
- University of Lincoln
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester
- University of Northampton
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Roehampton
- University of St Andrews
- University of Salford
- University of Sheffield
- University of Southampton
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Surrey
- University of Sussex
- The University of the West of England
- University of Warwick
- University of Westminster
- University of West London
- University of Wolverhampton
- University of Worcester
- University of York
For the Complete List: Visit Link
List commonwealth countries:
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- The Gambia
Eligibility for Scholarship:
- Be identified as a Pakistani/AJ&K domestic and permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Age is not expected to be considerably longer than 30 years for Masters and 35 years for PhD during application.
- Be accessible to begin your academic studies in the UK by the beginning of the UK academic year in September/October 2024.
- For Ph.D. scholarships, applicants must hold, by the final date of registration, a first-class degree in all facets of the postgraduate qualification (17/18 years of MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study.
- No third division is permitted throughout the college career and no more than two second divisions are allowed, but the applicant does not have a second division throughout the final/terminal degree.
- It must be implemented under one of the themes listed above and on the CSC website, and the area of research of the applicant must be in line with Pakistan’s future growth needs.
- Do not apply for a Ph.D. or a Ph.D. MPhil or Master’s degree at a UK university before September/October 2024 or have not previously qualified at the same level in the UK.
- I am financially unable to afford to study in the United Kingdom without this grant.
The CSC invites chosen nominating bodies to send a particular number of nominees each year. The deadline for naming bodies to send nominations to the CSC is 1 March 2023.
Applications shall be treated in compliance with the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the claimant
- The efficiency of the research strategy
- Potential effect on the growth of the country of residence of the applicant
Required Documents for Scholarship:
- Evidence that you are a resident or have refugee status as a qualifying Commonwealth country:
- CV or Resume.
- A copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) containing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship –
- Full transcripts describing all your higher education credentials are uploaded to the online application system.
- plus up-to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently pursuing (with approved translations if not in English) uploaded to the online application system.
- Supporting comment by the proposed supervisor (referees will be issued an e-mail invitation to send their reference online) in the United Kingdom from at least one of the organizations named on the application form—submitted directly by the proposed supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request to submit their statement online).
- Motivational Letter.
- Study Plan.
The last date to submit an application form for HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2024 in the UK for MS & Ph.D. is 17 October 2023. You are encouraged to complete and apply the application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the deadline.
Apply For Best Scholarship: Stellenbosch University Scholarship 2023-24 in South Africa [Fully Funded]
Application Procedure for HEC Commonwealth Scholarships:
Step 1:Commonwealth Online Application
- Apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship for Doctoral at:
Step 2: HEC Application
- Submit an online application at the HEC website:http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After signing up and completing your profile, please select “Learning opportunities abroad” from the “Scholarship and Grants” menu in the left-hand side panel of the web portal. Apply online to the Commonwealth Scholarship via the Electronic Application Framework (EAS).
- Upload the deposit slip worth Rs.800/- (in original) deposited via HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All the payments are to be made to HEC via the HBL online service. This service is applicable to all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- After successful submission to the related websites, save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application.
- Hardcopies of the HEC application form (along with the deposit slip, related academic records including transcripts, international degree equivalence, statement of purpose, study/research schedule, and copies of CNIC), and the Commonwealth scholarship forms will only be taken from the shortlisted applicants.